The INTERNATIONAL CHORAL FESTIVAL “AL SOLE DELLA SARDEGNA” is divided into two equal sessions and takes place in late summer, early autumn. Each five-day session welcomes mainly foreign choirs, who, upon registration, will choose which session they will participate in.
A number of Sardinian choirs will also take part in the festival. The participating choirs will give four concerts, one each evening and always in different cities. Two to four choirs will normally perform at each concert.
The concerts will take place in churches, museums, mines, caves, but also in squares, theatres or places of art, suitable for choral concerts.
Each choir will have 15-20 minutes for a freely chosen programme, mixed a cappella, depending on the number of choirs present. (in church the programme must be religious-sacred). However, the use of personal instruments suitable for choir accompaniment is permitted.
Extension of your stay before and/or after the festival.
Every year, many choirs ask to extend their stay in Sardinia to enjoy the region’s beautiful landscapes, history and art.
The car hire company Le Donne di Carbonia offers the following additional excursions at absolutely advantageous conditions:
Tailor-made tours in Sardinia, in particular:
- its splendid coastline (Villasimius, Costa Rey, Faraglioni di Iglesias etc.)
- its archaeological sites (Nuragic Village of Seruci, Phoenician-Punic
- Village of Monte Sirai, Temple of Antas, the archaeological area of Nora, etc.)
- the Mines (Great Mine of Serbariu, Mine of Porto Flavia, etc.)
- its famous caves (Su Mannau Cave, etc.).
- Reserve a visit and a tasting in one of the many characteristic wine cellars.